Wednesday 7 December 2011

Thinking in 3 Dimensions

So after seeing the students create me models in my previous lessons that were 2 dimensional, I thought maybe I needed to be more explicit in my instructions. So my year 7 class had another go at creating me some models. This time my instructions were along the lines of 'create me a model of a human eye in 3 dimensions'.

They started in a clean version of my 3d modelling map, chose their groups and these are the results.



Needless to say I was impressed with what they created. As you can see in the top photo, they even got the eye to 'cry' using a sticky piston and a lever. So students can think in 3 dimensions if you push them into it with explicit instructions.

On a non-class related track, I have attempted to explain the basics of redstone and how to use it to get students to answer questions in-game and uploaded these to my youtube channel. If you are interested you can get to them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment