Monday 9 January 2012

Happy New Year!

Greetings and Happy New Year. I hope you have all had a lovely holiday season. The school Edu server was down for a while, but it is back up and running and I have started creating a 'town' map for students to become involved in during my Minecraft lunchtime sessions. I still have a couple more weeks off and have just come back from a wonderful family holiday at the beach, so I am feeling very well rested.

So as of tomorrow (or possibly the next day), I will get back into the swing of things and get some more map making done as well as some of the other work that needs to be done and keep you updated with pictures and ideas.

I will also be working on some more video tutorials so keep an eye on my youtube channel.

Here are some screenshots of the town map. My plan is to make the students build their 'store/house' in a designated area and then they can 'work' in that store and gather resources and sell to other students. I am thinking I might need to install 'iconomy' though otherwise it might become a bit messy and some students might steal from others. I guess I can only try it and see and if things go pear shaped 'start again', that is the beauty of virtual worlds, you can always press the reset button.

The overall 'town' at the moment, I have a couple of ideas for shops and have sectioned areas where I think it would be best.
The soon to be food store, I am thinking I might split food into a butcher and a baker, more jobs for more kids.
The mines, I think a lot of students will want to be working in the mines, I know that would probably be my preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment